My name is Nailah (Ny-ee-luh), and I'm a Los Angeles-bred copywriter and copy editor with a mission to save the world from bad grammar. Just kidding! (But not really). I do, however, have a passion for writing and teaching—to name a few—and I thought this website would be a perfect way to merge my passions while providing valuable educational content.
Launched in 2010 as The Miscellaneous Files, I blogged aimlessly and inconsistently for years because I didn't know my niche. But life changed for me, in 2012, after I taught and lived overseas in South Korea (SoKo). It was there that I wrote my first book, SoKoDiaries: An American Teacher Living in South Korea (Vol.1)--which was later published on Amazon in 2013. Seven published books later, I've discovered that my purpose lies at the intersection of these three things: teaching, writing, and serving.
While I strongly believe in human editors and editing software, I also believe that there a few common grammar rules that we, writers, should automatically know. And if you don't know them, it's okay. You’ve come to the right place to learn!
Everyone has a story, but some people are not confident enough in their grammar & writing skills to share their story. I'm here to help you eliminate that excuse, so that you can finally write your book (or any desired piece of writing).
Here’s the short version of my About Me page (sprinkled w/ a few fun facts):
• I’m a small business owner who is fascinated with Language Capital and inspired by international travel
• I’ve written & self-published 9 books to date
• I help people take their ides from the brain to the keyboard in an organized way through copywriting and copy editing
• I keep my laptop w/ me as I work around town in Los Angeles, and I document it #ToLiveAndWriteInLA
• Turning 30 was the best thing that could’ve happened to my (writing) confidence
Thank you for visiting my website, N.HARV, where my goal is to inspire people to look better in writing!
I'm here to support your writing endeavors. Feel free to let me know how I can help you meet your writing needs, specifically, by clicking here. :)
I can't wait to hear from you!