A few days ago, I received a nomination for my first ever blog award by the beautiful Helen from the "blue eyed beauty blog." I was very excited and honored and a little shocked that people outside of my family read my blog. Ha! Anyway, thank you so much, Helen. I can barely contain myself as I am writing this blog post. Okay, let me give the background on this award, etc.
What is the Liebster Award anyway? Well, liebster, is a German word that means "dearest." So this award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers who deserve some type of recognition and/or support to continue blogging. :)
1. List 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award (see below)
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog (thank you again, Helen)!
11 things about myself:
1. I love oreo cookies...I think I'm obsessed with them. LOL
2. I have a scar on my left arm from burning myself with a curling iron when I was 3 years old, and for years I thought it was a birthmark until my mom told me the full story.
3. I started off with regular dreadlocks (the palm rolling method) in 2009, but then I switched to sisterlocks (the tool method) in 2010. Overall, I've been loc'd for about 3 years, and I absolutely LOVE my hair!
4. I am freakishly close to my family. My cousins are like my best friends.
5. I have 2 brothers: one is younger, one is older.
6. Unfortunately, I am only close to my younger brother.
7. I love to visit churches when I travel to new cities, states and/or countries. it's interesting to see how different people praise (and worship) God.
8. I have a new found respect for Joe Biden after the 2012 Vice President debate last week. LOL #Malarkey
9. I love fashion but I'm scared to go into the fashion industry or blog about it. I don't know why. 10. I used to want to be a music producer...and truth be told, I think I still do :)
11. I am currently writing my first book about my experience(s) as a Black-American female living and working in South Korea. Stay tuned!
Questions asked by Helen:
1. Where were you born? I was born in Los Angeles, California.
2. What is your favorite hobby? As of today, my favorite hobby is writing.
3. If you could only have five pieces of clothing in your closet what would they be (not including pajamas or undergarments)? Hmmm, (1) my black wool coat, (2) a little black dress, (3) a navy blue blazer, (4) a pair of fitted jeans and, (5) a brown maxi skirt. I could build my wardrobe from these staple pieces.
4. Are you happy living where you do right now? Umm, I currently live in South Korea, and as an American, it's a bit of an adjustment to get used to another culture (especially that of Asia), but I can't complain. I am blessed for this opportunity :)
5. What is your favorite thing about blogging? Not knowing who I may be impacting. I read many blogs and some of these authors write and share things that help me in one way or another! Hopefully, my blog will do that for someone. Also, I love blogging because I can use it as another platform to spread the love of Christ!
6. Have you ever gotten an award before--not just in the blogging world!-? Yes, I've gotten plenty of awards in elementary and middle school. LOL
7. Would you rather go for a walk or a run? A walk.
8. How many kids do you want to have? 2
9. What are your favorite junk foods (3-5)? (1) Oreo cookies, (2) Hershey's white chocolate bars, (3) chocolate cake and/or cupcakes.
10. What is one odd habit you have? I rub the middle of my head (and now my locs are shorter in this section). #Bummer
11. (I'm continuing this one from Julie) What was your first car? A 90-something 2-door Honda Civic...I had it for like one week before it gave out on me. LOL
11 questions FOR MY NOMINEES
1. Where are from?
2. What high school did you attend?
3. What was your dream college, if any?
4. How many states have you traveled to?
5. How many countries have you traveled to?
6. If you could describe God in one word, what would it be?
7. Do you believe church is important? Why or why not?
8. What inspired you to start blogging?
9. Do you prefer Blogger, Tumblr or WordPress?
10. What is your favorite book?
11. What is your favorite blog?
11 blogs that I nominated :) http://whatiworetiptotoe.blogspot.com http://jacjewelry.blogspot.com http://heimersrock.blogspot.com http://busanmike.blogspot.com http://adailyrate.blogspot.com http://smileyjkl.blogspot.com http://jinjufuntimes2.blogspot.com http://tuesdaysborrower.blogspot.com http://gavin-not-gabin.blogspot.com http://coloringout.blogspot.com http://www.abigailjasmine.com
Thank you again, helen, and congratulations to everyone else who was nominated for this awesome award :)